What is Platelet Rich Fibrin?Carpinteria, CA
One of the latest innovations in Oral surgery, is the use of platelet concentrates for tissue engineering applications. Platelet concentrates are growth factors found in the platelets which act as bioactive surgical additives. They are applied locally to induce, promote and accelerate wound healing.
How is PRF done?
By obtaining an autologous blood sample and centrifuging it, the platelet rich layer is extracted. Then, it will be applied to the surgical site to promote and accelerate the healing process.
What are the applications of PRF?
It can be used after extractions, implant placement, sinus lift, guided bone regeneration and so on. PRF helps with faster and better healing of soft tissue. As it is from you own blood, it is completely biocompatible.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
It is Your Turn
If you are missing teeth, consider All-on-4 implant surgery. Call us today at (805) 920-2141 to discuss your oral health needs. Join other patients in Carpinteria and rediscover your smile and ability to eat the foods you love. You may also finally feel good about your overall appearance.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business, license, and website security
- Carpinteria Smiles was established in 2022.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Santa Barbara County and Ventura County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Carpinteria, Summerland, Santa Barbara, Montecito, Goleta, Ventura, Oxnard, Ojai, Camarillo, and Lompoc
- CA (License #103337). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1720555279). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
A general dentist offers a wide range of dental services to patients of all ages, which is why it is beneficial to have regular appointments with them. Maintaining regular appointments is in everyone's best interest, regardless of age! In this article, we discuss a few benefits of having one dentist to visit on a regular…
In addition to making your teeth look nice, teeth whitening products bring several benefits to your oral health and mental well-being. Whitening products may include toothpaste, gels, and strips that are placed over the teeth. Whitening procedures can be done at home or at a dental facility.The more obvious effect of teeth whitening is a…
A dentist might recommend root canal therapy or tooth extraction to treat an infected or badly damaged tooth. Factors like the severity of the infection and the tooth's location often determine how the dentist approaches treating a patient.Tooth extraction is the cheaper alternative, but it can end up costing more than root canal therapy if…
A denture rebase is one of the repairs that denture users may need at some point. Dentures have spans of up to five or seven years. However, for it to last that long, you may encounter repairs along the way. The dentures may have cracked or the base might be a weak plastic. Then they…
Dental veneers can transform the smile and make it more aesthetically appealing. Several thin porcelain shells are bonded to the front side of the teeth during the process. The shells are almost unrecognizable due to their natural look. Porcelain veneers can drastically enhance one's overall look by changing their teeth's size, shape, and color.Dental veneers…