What is Platelet Rich Fibrin?Carpinteria, CA
One of the latest innovations in Oral surgery, is the use of platelet concentrates for tissue engineering applications. Platelet concentrates are growth factors found in the platelets which act as bioactive surgical additives. They are applied locally to induce, promote and accelerate wound healing.
How is PRF done?
By obtaining an autologous blood sample and centrifuging it, the platelet rich layer is extracted. Then, it will be applied to the surgical site to promote and accelerate the healing process.
What are the applications of PRF?
It can be used after extractions, implant placement, sinus lift, guided bone regeneration and so on. PRF helps with faster and better healing of soft tissue. As it is from you own blood, it is completely biocompatible.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
It is Your Turn
If you are missing teeth, consider All-on-4 implant surgery. Call us today at (805) 920-2141 to discuss your oral health needs. Join other patients in Carpinteria and rediscover your smile and ability to eat the foods you love. You may also finally feel good about your overall appearance.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business, license, and website security
- Carpinteria Smiles was established in 2022.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Santa Barbara County and Ventura County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Carpinteria, Summerland, Santa Barbara, Montecito, Goleta, Ventura, Oxnard, Ojai, Camarillo, and Lompoc
- CA (License #103337). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1720555279). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
General dentistry services refers to the routine dental and oral care provided to patients of all ages. This type of care is necessary in order to help patients maintain good oral health, which can then translate to good overall health. One of the main parts of general dentistry is regular check-up appointments, which include cleanings,…
Looking for root canal information? Understanding the root canal process is necessary for those who are in need of root canal therapy to improve their oral health. Part of the process is choosing a restoration option to protect the treated tooth from further damage, as lost teeth need to be replaced. Ready to find out…
A tooth extraction may be necessary if the tooth is too decayed to be repaired. After the tooth has been extracted, it is important to allow the area to heal completely. Eating the right foods can help speed healing and avoid any complications. Read on to discover the right foods for you.The reason that dentists…
We are committed to providing quality service to residents located In the Carpinteria, CA area. Our website has additional information about the following topics: Dentist, Cosmetic Dentist, Family Dentist, General Dentist, Same Day Dental Implants, Dental Implants, All-on-4 Dental Implants, Affordable Dental Implants, Tooth Replacement and Dental Veneers.
If you’ve lost a tooth, odds are you’ve at least looked into dental implants. They are one of the most popular alternatives to dentures or bridges. They are sturdier, more pleasant to look at, more pleasant to deal with, and have a tremendous success rate.However, there is a bit of a time commitment. You’ll need…