Laser DentistryCarpinteria, CA
If you are interested in a new, fresh approach to dental care, consider laser dentistry. We use laser dentistry to treat our patients' oral health concerns in a way that is comfortable and effective. We use safe, comfortable soft tissue treatment which reduces bleeding, swelling and seals blood vessels and nerve endings.
Call our Carpinteria Smiles team in Carpinteria at (805) 920-2141, to schedule an appointment.
What Can Soft Tissue Laser Dentistry Do For You
A laser is a small beam of intensely focused light. Laser therapy allows for precise control during soft tissue treatment. In addition, the lasers can perform several functions. In addition to removing tissue, they can also be used to reduce bleeding and swelling, seal blood vessels and seal nerve endings.
There are many benefits to laser therapy instead of traditional surgical procedures. The diseased areas can be targeted accurately and precisely meaning less unnecessary pain. In fact, the amount of swelling, pain, and bleeding are greatly reduced due to the less invasive nurture of laser therapy. All of these factors result in a shorter healing and recovery time.
Following are some of the most common applications for laser applications in dentistry:
- Soft Tissue Surgery. When done with laser instead of a scalpel, laser technology results in decreased post-operative pain.
- Periodontal Procedures. Lasers allow dentists to not only gain easier access to deeper calculus deposits, but they help the dentist target only damaged tissue which allows for better healing.
- Implant Recovery. Because soft-tissue modification around the implant can be done quickly using laser technology, it minimizes the trauma from the procedure if another method were used.
- Treating Aphthous Ulcers. These are more commonly known as canker sores – and if you’ve had one, you know they can be painful. Now, instead of just using topical treatment, dentists can use lasers to promote quick healing without the use of chemicals.
- Frenectomy. When a soft tissue laser is used for this procedure, there is often no need for anesthesia. An added bonus? Very little bleeding.
Procedures that use Soft Tissue Laser Dentistry
- Gingival Troughing for Crown Impressions; Gingivectomy & Gingivoplasty
- Gingival Incision & Excision; Hemostasis & Coagulation
- Excisional & Incisional Biopsies
- Soft-Tissue Crown Lengthening & Fibromal Removal
- Frenectomy & Frenotomy
- Implant Recovery & Exposure of Unerupted Teeth
- Incision & Drainage of Abscess
- Pulpotomy as an Adjunct to Root Canal Therapy & Reduction of Gingival Hypertrophy
- Operculectomy & Vestibuloplasty
- Leukoplakia & Oral Papillectomies
- Treatment of Canker Sores, Herpetic & Aphthous Ulcers of the Oral Mucosa
- Sulcular Debridement
- Laser Soft-Tissue Curettage
- Removal of Highly Inflamed Edematous Tissue Affected by Bacteria Penetration of the Pocket Lining & Junctional Epithelium
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
It is Your Turn
If you are missing teeth, consider All-on-4 implant surgery. Call us today at (805) 920-2141 to discuss your oral health needs. Join other patients in Carpinteria and rediscover your smile and ability to eat the foods you love. You may also finally feel good about your overall appearance.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business, license, and website security
- Carpinteria Smiles was established in 2022.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Santa Barbara County and Ventura County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Carpinteria, Summerland, Santa Barbara, Montecito, Goleta, Ventura, Oxnard, Ojai, Camarillo, and Lompoc
- CA (License #103337). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1720555279). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
A general dentist offers a wide range of dental services to patients of all ages, which is why it is beneficial to have regular appointments with them. Maintaining regular appointments is in everyone's best interest, regardless of age! In this article, we discuss a few benefits of having one dentist to visit on a regular…
In addition to making your teeth look nice, teeth whitening products bring several benefits to your oral health and mental well-being. Whitening products may include toothpaste, gels, and strips that are placed over the teeth. Whitening procedures can be done at home or at a dental facility.The more obvious effect of teeth whitening is a…
A dentist might recommend root canal therapy or tooth extraction to treat an infected or badly damaged tooth. Factors like the severity of the infection and the tooth's location often determine how the dentist approaches treating a patient.Tooth extraction is the cheaper alternative, but it can end up costing more than root canal therapy if…
A denture rebase is one of the repairs that denture users may need at some point. Dentures have spans of up to five or seven years. However, for it to last that long, you may encounter repairs along the way. The dentures may have cracked or the base might be a weak plastic. Then they…
Dental veneers can transform the smile and make it more aesthetically appealing. Several thin porcelain shells are bonded to the front side of the teeth during the process. The shells are almost unrecognizable due to their natural look. Porcelain veneers can drastically enhance one's overall look by changing their teeth's size, shape, and color.Dental veneers…